2 space heaters heating two zones

Home Support Forum Lowrise Residential Software & Compliance 2 space heaters heating two zones

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Robert Minor 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Robert Minor
    Participant

Still on the project with the heat pump water heater also providing hydronic heating. Thought I’d have the heap pump water be a 100 gallon and the hydronic heating be 20kbtu/hr and just have that be on its own tab.  This house is also having a large mini split with a bunch of registers and the hydronic floor heating is on part of each floor (2 story house on a subfloor) and the registers on on both floors also.

Usually when we do multiple heaters we do them with one per zone but in this case it’s two servicing both zones (the 1st floor and the 2nd floor).  I’m having trouble modeling this, only the one system is showing unless I put a zone under the one that isn’t and when I do that it looks like each system is doing its own floor.

Please advise and also do you think the way I’m doing the hydronic floor heating will be okay?  I remember from the previous thread you said there wasn’t a good way to model a heat pump type water heater that also was providing hydronic floor heating.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the forum and the insights gleaned from it!

Rio

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Robert Minor
    Participant

Hola comprades!  I didn’t get any feedback on the question I posted above so I shot a query to support and they promptly answered, thought I’d post what they sent for other’s edification below.

You cannot show two systems serving the same zone, the modeling tools cannot account for that.

Take care all,

Rio

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed