Climate Zone 9 Projects

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Baba 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Baba
    Participant

I have a new construction project in climate zone 9 that has 40% glazing. The EDRe is way above the standard and I’ve tried everything to get it to pass but to no avail. Rigid insulation, spray foam, solar hot water, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations? I’ve been having issues with CZ 9 projects under this new code.

Side question: If an attached ADU is being built to the newly constructed home, is the ADU considered new or an addition?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Baba
    Participant

Not a recommendation, just an observation that we had a similar project, different CZ, it was in CZ10 which is hot and dry a lot but similar in that it was way overglazed and we couldn’t get it to comply for the with the EDRe comparison thing that is done which I figured was because the glazing was so much more than the default. Regarding the attached ADU I think it will be calcuated as an addition but not sure on it, pretty sure but would need to verify. Gee, what a helpful post, huh? Good luck with your project(s). Rio

Certain climate zones have been really difficult this year, specifically 9,10, and 12. Were you able to get that project to pass or did they have to lower the amount of the glass involved?

Robert Minor
    Participant

Not a recommendation, just an observation that we had a similar project, different CZ, it was in CZ10 which is hot and dry a lot but similar in that it was way overglazed and we couldn’t get it to comply for the with the EDRe comparison thing that is done which I figured was because the glazing was so much more than the default.

Regarding the attached ADU I think it will be calcuated as an addition but not sure on it, pretty sure but would need to verify.

Gee, what a helpful post, huh?  Good luck with your project(s).

Rio

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed