Combining water heating and floor heating

Home Support Forum Lowrise Residential Software & Compliance Combining water heating and floor heating

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Robert Minor 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Robert Minor
    Participant

My apologies if this subject is in another thread, not used to this forum’s protocol.

We have a project where the client wants to use a heat pump water heater to heat the water and also to provide hydronic floor heating.  I’ve looked in the FAQ sections of EP with no luck and am not sure how to proceed.  I know normally on the tree first the water heater type is modeled, then the heating/cooling is modeled, have no idea how one would combine them.  I’m going to post this question in a new thread also in case this one isn’t looked at.

Thanks for help on this vexing issue.

Rio

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Robert Minor
    Participant

Thanks Pat, appreciate the help.  I’ll discuss with the client and we’ll see where it goes.  When we decide I’ll post up what was done.

Rio

Pat Splitt
    Participant

Rio,

A typical tank heat pump water heater, with the heat pump mounted on the top of the tank, will probably not have enough capacity. A Sanden split-system heat pump water heater might work, if the space heating load did not exceed about 10,000 Btuh. The Appliance Directory does list larger Air-to-Water heat pumps that can be used for this application. They are listed as “Heat Pump Water Heating Packages.” There is currently no good way to model these combined space/DHW systems. I have asked the CEC to fix this. I’m waiting for a response.

Pat Splitt

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed