Guidance to model a clerestory

Home Support Forum Nonresidential Software & Compliance Guidance to model a clerestory

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  BBryan2020 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

BBryan2020
    Participant

I have encountered a calculation error after updating/installing EnergyPro 8.2.1.0.

I have a building which has a clerestory. I have modeled the space in two seperate zones to accommodate the difference the roof height. The two zones are served by a single zoned packaged unit. I have been able to calculate this model prior to the EnergyPro 8.2.1.0. I now get an error, “thermalzone ‘xyz’ is comprised of spaces that span different building story objects. this is currently not allowed. evaluating rule: set checkcode thrmlzn;numstory (60: ‘thermalzone-general.rule’ line 1495)”

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to model a clerestory?

BBryan2020

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

BBryan2020
    Participant

Thank you Butch. That is a good suggestion.

I ended up creating a new zone. This clerestory is on a warehouse with a high ceiling/roof. I created a new zone, and used a common roof/ceiling height for all spaces.

Bryan

ButchWhite
    Participant

Bryan, suggest you average the roof heights for the area where the clerestory occurs rather than try to add a separate zone.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed