Mansard Roof Modeling

Home Support Forum Nonresidential Software & Compliance Mansard Roof Modeling

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  EproUser1500 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

EproUser1500
    Participant

When modeling a mansard roof in which the “roof” is oriented vertically more like a wall, what element do you model this as in EnergyPro? Would this be modeled as roof, or wall?

See image attached for reference.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

EproUser1500
    Participant

Thanks Robert and Pat!

Robert Minor
    Participant

Hi:

It looks like you have it in the thread.  It’s on page 62 of the 2019 standards

EXTERIOR WALL is any wall or element of a wall, or any member or group of members, which defines the
    exterior boundaries or courts of a building and which has a slope of 60 degrees or greater with the horizontal plane.
    An exterior wall or partition is not an exterior floor/soffit, exterior door, exterior roof/ceiling, window, skylight, or
    demising wall.

Good luck on your project….

Pat Splitt
    Participant

Check out page 3-25 (Figure 3-9) from the 2019 Res. Manual.

Pat Splitt

Attachments:

EproKing1620
    Participant

Rio, I had no luck finding the section that describes what you are talking about. When you find the time, please point EproUser1500 or myself in the right direction. I am curious to see what code says.

This is what F1 in the “tilt” box for exterior walls in Epro brings up (see attached)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  EproKing1620.
    Attachments:

Robert Minor
    Participant

Hi, that condition is addressed in either the standards or the manual, don’t have time to find it but it’s there.  I think the rule is if it’s less than 30 degrees out of plumb it’s counted as a wall but be sure and check that.  If I get some time later today I’ll see if I can find it.

Rio

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed