residential house divided into 3 units

Home Support Forum Lowrise Residential Code Questions residential house divided into 3 units

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Robert Minor 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Robert Minor
    Participant

Hola!  Haven’t been here in awhile, have a residential project that is a large house that the designer has managed to break into 3 units. As most of us are probably aware of, now in Cali it’s permitted to put a house, an ADU and a junior ADU all on one lot and they managed to do this all within one house.

The question is:  Since it’s all attached will it be okay to run one Title 24 report for all three units or will 3 separate reports be required?  I’m leaning towards the latter but I’m not sure about it, tried contacting the CEC but they’re kicking back with the work at home edict and haven’t returned the emails yet.

Thanks in advance for any insight and I’m going to try and start looking on here more, thought my access was blocked but it turned out it wasn’t!

Rio

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Robert Minor
    Participant

Hola compadres!  I got the answer, checked in on Energy Code Ace and one of the old gurus from the yahoo forum, Gina Rodda, answered so I’m sure it’s correct.

Since it’s ADUs we’re talking, yes all three can be combined into one report. It’s just important to make a note somehow that each unit will have to have an IAQ fan.

Hope that helps someone else.

Rio

Robert Minor
    Participant

Hello, anybody there?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed