Wall and Window requirements for Nonresidential Alteration

Home Support Forum Nonresidential Software & Compliance Wall and Window requirements for Nonresidential Alteration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Gina 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Donna Wallace
    Participant

Today’s project includes alterations to an existing non-residential building.  According to Standards Section 141.0, an altered wood-framed wall is required to have a minimum of R-11 insulation between the framing members or the weighted average U-factor of the wall assembly not exceeding U-0.110.  Altered windows in Climate Zone 11 are required to have a maximum 0.47 U-factor.  The altered walls and windows in my project meet these requirements.  When I run the prescriptive method calculation, I get two error messages:  1)  The wood-framed wall must have a 0.045 U-factor and 2)  The windows must have a 0.36 U-factor.  These are the requirements for new construction.  Should my building be able to comply using the values in Standards Section 141.0?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Gina
    Participant

Are you looking at what is being stated on the screen of EP8, or in the actual NRCC-ENV form?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed