Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in D:\home\site\wwwroot\wp-content\plugins\q-and-a-focus-plus-faq\inc\functions.php on line 250
Our software support services are confined to issues related to running the software, not how to design a building to be in compliance so this is not something you should contact us about. However, we do realize the new codes are much tougher so we have compiled some ideas below for you to consider.
Things to consider.
- High Performance Attics
- High Performance Walls
- Quality Insulation Installation
- Windows with a lower U-Factor and SHGC
- Reductions in your Window and or Skylight area
- Attic Radiant Barriers
- Cool Roofs
- Whole House Fans
- R-8 Duct Insulation
- High Efficiency Furnace (94%+)
- High Efficiency Air Conditioner (15 SEER+)
- HERS Refrigerant Charge Verification
- Tankless Water Heater
- More efficient Fans and Variable Air Volume Systems (Non-residential)
- Photovoltaic (PV) Solar System
- Solar Domestic Hot Water System
- Energy Recovery Ventilators
- Battery Storage Systems
In addition, getting a better idea of what the Standard Building looks like so you will understand the budget would be a good idea. There are a lot of online resources to help you understand the energy code including trainings offered by the utilities. Our support forums also will give you the opportunity to see how other users are getting their buildings to comply.
← Frequently Asked Questions